Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Daily Outfit: Effortless with Little to No Effort

Locker room selfie!
Well, a bit over a year later, I finally have another outfit post.  I know you're all so excited!

This outfit is pretty boring but it works; it's somehow edgy for work because everything out of the absolute ordinary is edgy, and it's a bit classy, laid back, and maybe even normcore.  Yay!

This outfit is one chosen once my closet has downsized.  Which is awesome, because like I said in my last post, it means that getting dressed is not about getting stressed (oh jeez), and that basically everything in my closet goes with everything else.  My other goal is to buy used when I can.  And fair-trade/humanely made, too.  Let's not contribute to the fast fashion industrial complex (I know I've done my share of that already in my life).

I'm wearing a Burberry trench in the office because I'm cold, and it also let's them know I'm "authoritative" or something like that.  I have always wanted one, and miraculously one day a few months ago, I found one at a very good price used, that actually fit me!

Here is my outfit:
  • Burberry trench in classic length and fit.  It was $200 at Crossroads Trading, and would be about $2000 new.  Supposedly made in Britain.
  • Trovata blue striped oxford button-down.  It was $15 at Crossroads Trading, and would be about $200 new.  Supposedly made in California.
  • Old Navy special edition skinny jeans.  They were $5 at Thrift Town and I bought them nearly two years ago now.  Not bad.
  • Sabah two-tone leather shoes.  They were $200 but handmade in a fair and humane way.
And there you have it.  Trying to have less stuff and hold onto it longer, and not participate in fast fashion, is a goal of mine.  Let's keep trucking on that.

No comments: