Wednesday, January 21, 2015

High Fashion on the Cheap



I am in the midst of my monthly foray into high fashion.  Which I am able to enjoy for free.  How?

Why, my local library, of course!

Your local library has all sorts of things.  The newest books, which could be put on hold and requested to be delivered to the library closest to you.  Old, out of print, priceless books that can be yours for a few weeks thanks to interlibrary loans.  The newest movies.  Discounts to museums and other institutes of culture.  I have an Master's in Library and Information Science, so I am definitely a cheerleader for all that the library has to offer.

What I am enjoying today is my digital access to hundreds (thousands?) of new magazines related to all subjects.  Of course, my go-to is Vogue.  Besides, do you really want to lug around the paper version of this behemoth?  In this digital age?  I like paper as much as the next gal, but NO.  It's mostly ads anyway.

If you have an Alameda County Library card like I do, you can access Zinio's portal here.  If you don't live in or near Alameda County, you really should check out your own local library.  Libraries are awesome!  Fashion is awesome!

Also, is it me, or do the fashion poses get more and more ridiculous each year?

No comments: